You’re an ambitious person and want to progress to the next role, so what can you do to get yourself on track to step up?
- Understand what the next level entails and get experience doing them – shadow or offer to undertake extra tasks
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of your organisation
- Build relationships with those you need to influence
- Behaviours – think about the way you project yourself and the contributions you make in meetings
- Look ready to make the jump – take part in a leadership programme
- Values test – what is important form people at the next level?
- Have someone at the same level as you conduct a 360 or do a buddying system where you tell each other things you noticed
- Be on top of your game with regards to professional development – never too old to learn